What is a sleep study?
A sleep study (or polysomnogram) provides information about breathing during sleep and sleep quality
Most commonly performed in a child who snores or is restless during sleep
Why have a sleep study with us?
- No long waiting list
- Caring staff and a family friendly environment
- Full sized bed for parent / guardian
- High quality - ASA and NATA accredited
What is involved?
- Children sleep overnight in a specially designed sleep laboratory
- Their brain waves, breathing, movement and oxygen levels are monitored with special equipment
- Nothing hurts and most children sleep normally
- The cost of the sleep study and hospital admission is covered by private health funds
- Depending upon policy an excess may apply
- Item numbers 12210 or 12213 depending upon age
- Uninsured - $800 ($600 if your child has a health care card)
- Initial medical consultations - gap of $160
- No out of pocket fee for reports, results discussions or telehealth consultations
How to arrange a sleep study:
- Medicare requires that your child is referred by a doctor and assessed by a sleep specialist prior to the study
- Telehealth consultations are available for those living outside of South East QLD
- Contact QCLASS - phone 07 3161 0377 or click here